With the snow finally gone and the school year wrapping up, you probably have your sights set on summer. The lazy days of summer can be a nice break from the routine, but a drastic change of pace from the busy school year can leave some families feeling dull.
Luckily, a little planning can go a long way. There are plenty of summertime activities to help stave off boredom.
- Plan for Days at Home
- Make an inventory of all the board games, outdoor activities and crafts that you can pull out at a moment’s notice for days when your kids are home.
- Create a Master Calendar
- Sit down with your calendar, whether it’s an app on your phone or a giant erase board in the kitchen. Add all of the camps, sports, trips and activities you’re planning for the summer. This will help with planning and filling in any gaps.
- Register Now
- The nurse practitioners at Sycamore Health Center welcome new patients and offer same-day appointments for families. We accept most major insurance. Sports and camp physicals cost $35. Call 319-337-9066 to schedule an appointment today.
- If you’re planning on registering your children for summer sports, activities or camps, now’s the time to get that crossed off your to-do list. Just like school and sports teams, many summer camps and programs require children to have a physical exam before they can participate. Always double-check to make sure your child meets all the requirements.
- To read more, please visit: www.sycamorehealthcenter.com
- Nurse practitioners, similar to doctors and physician assistants, provide care for routine health concerns as well as acute and chronic illness management. Nurse practitioners at Sycamore Health Center also provide high level, holistic care and work with patients on managing overall wellness.
- We all know that a summer cold can be just as bad, if not worse than those nasty winter germs. We hope you’ll consider Sycamore Health Center for all of your family’s health care needs. We’re located near Sycamore Mall at 1524 Sycamore Street (in the Visiting Nurse Association building.)